Wow, we can't believe it's 2018!
"New year, new you" right? Sweet. Well since you are still in the beginning stages of those newly declared resolutions, we figured we could give you one more (possibly one of the most important ones) to add to your list, that is, making the switch to natural beauty & wellness products! It's time to move away from chemical-filled garbage and start diligently making the switch to clean alternatives.
If I were to ask you why you use the products you use now, you would probably have one of the three following responses:
- "That natural organic stuff is way too expensive. There's no way I could afford to switch everything I currently use to clean alternatives."
- "I've never really put that much thought into why I use the products I use. I just grab them off of the shelf and go so I don't really know what's in them."
- "I've wanted to make the switch, but I've been discouraged because I've never been real sure where to start."
ALL of these responses are valid. And since we boast natural beauty & wellness, we wanted to give you all of our insight to hopefully make the process more seamless for you and tell you that it is SO POSSIBLE to make the switch! Once you do, you will realize that it isn't as hard as it seems and you will be so happy that you did.
SO... here are a few steps to take as you begin this new journey toward living a cleaner lifestyle.
1. First, like we mentioned in our "What Is Natural Beauty & Wellness" blog, make sure you look at ingredients! Companies can essentially claim whatever they want and slap a slogan on the front of their products, but just because something boats "organic/natural" does not necessarily mean that it is good for you to use! So immediately turn it around and look at what the product is made out of. (Don't forget to look over the "What To Avoid" ingredients we included on the blog.)
2. Start small. Yes, you will be spending more on certain products due to the quality of what you are purchasing. Once you swallow that pill, you can really begin to switch out your products. Most people get freaked out because they try to make the switch with most of their products all at once. The problem with this is A) you are forking out a ton of money upfront and B) are are likely to run out of your products around the same time causing you to make bigger monthly purchases trying to restock. It's important to make sure that you make small consistent purchases, because you will quickly begin to realize just how many things you will want to replace!
3. Be prepared when you go to the store. We have created a guide you can printout and either take with you to the store or put up on your fridge. As you begin to switch out your products, you can check it off on the list! This guide only previews a few of the many products you can begin to find alternatives for, but we felt like these were some great products to start with. We've also included a few of our favorite brands for a few of the products listed!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE PRODUCT GUIDE TEMPLATE!
4. If you want to go the extra mile, you can do your own research and begin to make your own products! This may seem like it takes extra work, but it can easily save you money in the process. We have included a list of a few of our favorite homemade products at the bottom of this post!
We hope this post has not only inspired you to clean up your home and beauty products, but also encouraged you to lay your hesitations aside and really begin to put this new year resolution into action to create a lifetime of change for you and your family!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE DIY HOME CARE GUIDE!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
L I S T O F A L T E R N A T I V E S :
- Desert Essence
- Giovanni 2chic
- BRAID Hair Serum
- Andalou Naturals Argan Oil & Shea Styling Cream
- EVOLV Super Finish Polishing Balm
- JASON Rosewater Body Wash
- Alba Botanica Very Emollient Midnight Tuberose Bath & Shower Gel
- BRAID TLC Body Butter
- Dr. Bronner's & All-One Organic Lotion
- Rebel Green USDA Organic HE Liquid Fresh Detergent
- Earth Friendly Products Ecos Liquid Detergent
- Seventh Generation Natural 4X Concentrated Detergent
- Kintor Wool Dryer Balls
- Natracare Organic Regular Tampons
- Natracare Natural Curved Panty Liner
- Natracare Pads Ultra With Wings
- Lena Menstrual Cups
- Jason Sea Fresh Toothpaste
- Himalaya Complete Care Toothpaste
- Spry Xylitol Toothpaste
- Natural Dentist Kids Toothpaste
- Hello Oral Care Kids Fluoride Free Toothpaste
- Hello Oral Care Fluoride Free Toddler Training Toothpaste