Here at BRAID, our greatest priority is to ensure only the highest of quality ingredients are used to promote the naturally occurring healing power of nature. Each and every product is hand crafted in small batches to ensure its perfection, making sure you never have to worry about useless and harmful chemicals, preservatives, or fillers.
Where does the passion for natural beauty and wellness come from? For our founder, Molly, it began with a simple desire to provide clean and natural alternatives to everyday "skin care" she was using. She recognized the importance of knowing what we put on our bodies and how it ultimately affects what happens inside our bodies. Thankfully, the trend of getting back to the roots with everyday products is on the climb. Many people are beginning to understand that cheap, manufactured products are actually doing more harm than good. Unfortunately, many people are still misinformed on the matter and continue to put harmful chemicals into their bodies. Astonishingly, the FDA has minimal regulations on cosmetics, meaning the big name brand cosmetics that you are using have the authority to put just about anything they want into their products, with no legal liability should something affect you. The worst part about it all? People are still under the impression that sun exposure and tobacco use are the leading causes of cancer!
We understand that making the switch to green beauty can be confusing (and sometimes, quite costly), so our goal is to make your transition as easy as possible by giving you all of the inside knowledge on the products you are using so you can be on your way to living a more clean and healthy lifestyle.
What To Look For:
- Don't read into all the garbage they claim on the front. Go straight to the ingredients! Turn it around: What are the first ingredients you see labeled on the back? Do you know if the ingredients are chemically-based or naturally-based? Do you know what the base of this product is? These are the few questions you can ask yourself when questioning a product.
What To Avoid:
-When considering new products, be sure to avoid anything that contains the following:
- Parabens - A preservative. Has been linked to increased risk of breast cancer
- Synthetic Colors - Derived from petroleum or coal tar sources. Have been linked to skin irritations, ADHD, and to being a human carcinogen.
- Fragrances - Have been linked to allergies, dermatitis, respiratory distress, and potential reproductive damage.
- Phthalates - Have been linked to breast cancer, reproductive birth defects, and endocrine disruptors.
- Triclosan - Has been linked to thyroid and reproductive damage. Also a skin irritant.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) / Soduim Laureth Sulftae (SLES) - In 90% of all personal care. Have been linked to skin, lung, and eye irritants. Interacts with other chemicals that can form carcinogens.
- Formaldehyde - A preservative that is deemed as a human carcinogen. Has been linked to cancer as well as skin allergies.
- Toluene - Also labeled as: Benzene, Toluol, Phenylmethane, and Methylbenzene. As potent enough to dissolve paint and paint thinner. Has been linked to immune system toxicity.
- Propylene Glycol - A form of alcohol. Has been known to cause dermatitis as well as hives.
Scary, right? This is only a short list of the hundreds of toxins lurking in most skin care products.
Where To Begin:
- Don't get overwhelmed! Instead of thinking you have to throw away all of your products right now, break it down by category: body wash, makeup, lotions, hair care, skin care, dental care, and cleaning supplies.
Out of the categories above, what will your first switch be?! Our ultimate goal is to walk along side you so you don't feel alone on your journey toward finding natural beauty and wellness alternatives. If you have any questions, we are always here to help! Comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
**DISCLAIMER: Braid products, owned under Graceful Remedies LLC, are labeled as organic since Certified Organic ingredients are used.This does not imply that the USDA certifies the finished product. Please check the USDA.GOV website for more detailed information on this. Please note that Graceful Remedies LLC is not responsible for any misuse of any products. Natural remedies are not intended to prevent or treat any illness specifically and/or exclusively. Contact your doctor before using a product if you are on any medications, have any allergies, or pre-existing conditions and are pregnant or nursing. Information given for each product are only suggestions for healing and not any implied guarantee.